- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (65g) apple puree (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (50g) cauliflower, steamed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (130g) Wholesome Child gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
Equipment:Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a mini muffin tray with muffin liners.
- 2. Place dates, egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, apple puree, cauliflower and maple syrup into the processor and process until smooth.
- 3. Next, add all dry ingredients and process until well combined.
- 4. Place batter into mini muffin liners and bake for 15-20 min s or until a cake tester or knife comes out clean.
- 5. Allow to cool on a rack and enjoy them plain or topped with your favourite frosting.
- 6. Leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4days or freeze for up to 4months.
- Replace the gluten-free flour mix with spelt flour. If the Medjool dates are hard, soak for 3-5 mins in hot water. Discard excess water.
Toilet training. Is your child Toilet Aware or Toilet Ready?
Knowing when your toddler is ready for toilet training can be challenging. You might not know what signs will tell you exactly how they’re feeling and when they want to transition from using nappies to using the toilet. First off, you should have an understanding of the difference between your toddler being toilet aware and…
How to choose the right childcare for your baby
Heading back to work after having a baby involves a lot of planning and preparation. And one of the most important things you’ll need to arrange is someone to look after your child. These days there are numerous options to choose from; long daycare, family daycare, nannies and au pairs to name a few. Whichever…
Managing sleep routines over Christmas
Chris Minogue has shared her tips for managing your little one’s sleep over the busy Christmas period. As always, there are some practical tips that will make life much easier for all.
Meet the Cubo Ai 💛
When setting up your nursery, one of the most important things on your list will (or should) be a baby monitor. Once upon a time they were often deemed non-essential, but many parents now realise the freedom and peace of mind that a baby monitor can provide! Whether your baby’s room is on the other…