Dough: 1½ cups (375g) sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed
1½ cups (210g) wholemeal spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp oregano (dried)
Topping:1 cup (250ml) tomato paste or passata
2 cups (160g) grated cheese (cheddar, mozarella or feta)
Optional extras: basil, mushrooms, capsicum, tomatoes, olives, grated carrot, grated zucchini, anchovies
Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a pizza pan or baking tray with baking paper.
2. To make the dough, place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until well combined. Or you can add the ingredients into a large bowl and knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
3. Press out the dough into a large circle. If it’s too sticky, oil your hands with olive oil. To achieve a crispy base, the dough should be about 1/2 cm thick.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 mins or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned. 20 mins will ensure a crisp base.5. Remove
pizza base from the oven, add the tomato paste, cheese and preferred toppings, and grill for 5-mins, until cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool and then cut into slices.
7. Serve immediately
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze the precooked base for up to 4 months.