- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (65g) apple puree (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (50g) cauliflower, steamed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (130g) Wholesome Child gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a mini muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Place dates, egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, apple puree, cauliflower and maple syrup into the processor and process until smooth
- Next, add all dry ingredients and process until well combined.
- Place batter into mini muffin liners and bake for 15-20 min s or until a cake tester or knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack and enjoy them plain or topped with your favourite frosting.
- Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Replace the gluten-free flour mix with spelt flour. If the Medjool dates are hard, soak for 3-5 mins in hot water. Discard excess water.