Explore content made for Fertility

Browse articles written for you

icon-heartUnderstanding Miscarriage and Baby Loss
Fertility

Understanding miscarriage and baby loss

Trigger warning: This post deals with sensitive subjects such as miscarriage and pregnancy loss. If you or someone you know has been impacted by issues raised in this story, help is always available. Please call the SANDS 24-hour support line on 1300 072 637 or visit their website here. Miscarriage can be one of the most devastating things for a woman (and her partner) to go through. Miscarriage is especially difficult due to not only...

read more
icon-heartmiscarriage
Fertility

How to cope with a miscarriage

Trigger warning: This post deals with sensitive subjects such as miscarriage and pregnancy loss. If you or someone you know has been impacted by issues raised in this story, help is always available. Please call the SANDS 24-hour support line on 1300 072 637 or visit their website here. Miscarriage is very common in the early weeks of pregnancy. In Australia, approximately 1 in 5 women (who know they are pregnant) will have a miscarriage...

read more
icon-heartEarly childhood intervention
Fertility

Causes of male infertility

While male infertility is relatively common, many couples go on to conceive despite male infertility issues. Approximately 85% of couples trying to get pregnant conceive in the first year, leaving 15% of couples to sit outside of that relatively normal conception window.  Typically, when a couple is struggling to conceive, the onus is placed on the woman, her lifestyle, diet and reproductive organs. However, as women’s health, fertility and pregnancy nutritionist Monique Cormack explains, “male...

read more
icon-heartEarly childhood intervention

Signs you can’t get pregnant

At a certain point in most women’s lives, we ask ourselves, ‘Am I fertile?’ This question will likely be repeated if you’ve been trying to conceive for a while and still aren’t pregnant. Approximately 85% of couples trying to get pregnant conceive in the first year, leaving 15% of couples to sit outside of that relatively normal conception window. Infertility is defined as trying to get pregnant with frequent, unprotected sex for at least a...

read more
icon-heartPCOS effects
Fertility

How PCOS affects pregnancy

Trying to fall pregnant can be a minefield. Between tracking your cycle, figuring out when you’re ovulating, and wondering about sperm quality — there are a lot of variables in the mix. And that’s before you even factor in pre-existing hormonal disorders like polycystic ovaries.  If you are one of the 21% of women of reproductive age with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, you might be wondering about getting pregnant with PCOS or the relationship between PCOS...

read more
icon-heartinfertility
Fertility

6 tips to help manage the stress of infertility

When you’re trying to fall pregnant and you can’t, it can feel like you’ve been left out of the world’s most exclusive club that is parenthood. Walking down the street can often be the most triggering experience as it feels as if suddenly there are adorable babies in prams and blossoming pregnant bellies everywhere. All you want is one little baby but for whatever reason, it’s not happening right now.  Infertility hurts. It’s a constant...

read more