- 1-2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 kg beef or lamb mince
- 2 tbs mixed Italian hers
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 700g tomato passata in a glass bottle (not canned)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock or bone broth
- ½ cup (125g) butternut pumpkin, steamed and pureed. (Do not throw away excess water)
- ½ cup (125g) sweet potato, steamed and pureed
- 2 dried apricots, sulphur-free, finely sliced
- 1 cup (25g) spinach, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Equipment: Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
1. In a medium to large pot, heat oil on medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until transparent.
2. Add mince, then turn up the heat and brown.
3. Add mixed herbs, cinnamon and salt. Keep stirring until mince is browned all the way through and no pink pieces can be seen.
4. Add tomato passata and vegetable stock and simmer, covered on a low heat for 10 mins.
5. Add butternut pumpkin, sweet potato and apricot, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
6. Add spinach and check to make sure liquid level is not too low. If extra water is needed, add water from steamed vegetables to increase vitamin and mineral content. Simmer for 10 more mins.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Turn off heat and leave to cool. Serve with wholegrain or gluten-free pasta, buckwheat noodles, brown rice or quinoa.
9. Serve immediately.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Toilet training. Is your child Toilet Aware or Toilet Ready?
Knowing when your toddler is ready for toilet training can be challenging. You might not know what signs will tell you exactly how they’re feeling and when they want to transition from using nappies to using the toilet. First off, you should have an understanding of the difference between your toddler being toilet aware and…
How to choose the right childcare for your baby
Heading back to work after having a baby involves a lot of planning and preparation. And one of the most important things you’ll need to arrange is someone to look after your child. These days there are numerous options to choose from; long daycare, family daycare, nannies and au pairs to name a few. Whichever…
Managing sleep routines over Christmas
Chris Minogue has shared her tips for managing your little one’s sleep over the busy Christmas period. As always, there are some practical tips that will make life much easier for all.
Meet the Cubo Ai 💛
When setting up your nursery, one of the most important things on your list will (or should) be a baby monitor. Once upon a time they were often deemed non-essential, but many parents now realise the freedom and peace of mind that a baby monitor can provide! Whether your baby’s room is on the other…