- 400g raw salmon fillets or 1 x 425g can wild salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw corn kernels
- 1/4 cup (25g) carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (40g) rice flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 cup (180g) cooked millet
- 1 cup (90g) rice breadcrumbs, to coat
- Coconut oil spray or olive oil (optional)
- Equipment: High-speed food processor.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place salmon, corn, carrot, leek and orange juice in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add rice flour, herbs, salt and mustard and process until well combined.
- Next, add millet and process on a low speed. Place mixture in the refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Scoop out 2-3 tbs of mixture and using your hands, shape into mini rissoles.
- Coat with rice crumbs and place on the baking tray. Brush with coconut oil if using and bake in the oven for 30 mins, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Replace the rice crumbs with 1 cup almond meal or use ½ cup rice crumbs and ½ cup almond meal. For a crispier version, pan-fry the rissoles instead of baking for 3-4 mins on each side.