- 1½ cups (375g) sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed
- 1½ cups (210g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato paste or passata
- 2 cups (160g) grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or feta)
- Optional extras: basil, mushrooms, capsicum, tomatoes, olives, grated carrot, grated zucchini, anchovies
Equipment: Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a pizza pan or baking tray with baking paper.
2. To make the dough, place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until well combined. Or you can add the ingredients into a large bowl and knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
3. Press out the dough into a large circle. If it’s too sticky, oil your hands with olive oil. To achieve a crispy base, the dough should be about 1/2 cm thick.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 mins or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned. 20 mins will ensure a crisp base.
5. Remove pizza base from the oven, add the tomato paste, cheese and preferred toppings, and grill for 5-mins, until cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool and then cut into slices.
7. Serve immediately
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze the precooked base for up to 4 months.
Toilet training. Is your child Toilet Aware or Toilet Ready?
Knowing when your toddler is ready for toilet training can be challenging. You might not know what signs will tell you exactly how they’re feeling and when they want to transition from using nappies to using the toilet. First off, you should have an understanding of the difference between your toddler being toilet aware and…
How to choose the right childcare for your baby
Heading back to work after having a baby involves a lot of planning and preparation. And one of the most important things you’ll need to arrange is someone to look after your child. These days there are numerous options to choose from; long daycare, family daycare, nannies and au pairs to name a few. Whichever…
Managing sleep routines over Christmas
Chris Minogue has shared her tips for managing your little one’s sleep over the busy Christmas period. As always, there are some practical tips that will make life much easier for all.
Meet the Cubo Ai 💛
When setting up your nursery, one of the most important things on your list will (or should) be a baby monitor. Once upon a time they were often deemed non-essential, but many parents now realise the freedom and peace of mind that a baby monitor can provide! Whether your baby’s room is on the other…