- 1½ cups (375g) sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed
- 1½ cups (210g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato paste or passata
- 2 cups (160g) grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or feta)
- Optional extras: basil, mushrooms, capsicum, tomatoes, olives, grated carrot, grated zucchini, anchovies
Equipment: Hand Blender using a food processor attachment
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a pizza pan or baking tray with baking paper.
2. To make the dough, place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until well combined. Or you can add the ingredients into a large bowl and knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
3. Press out the dough into a large circle. If it’s too sticky, oil your hands with olive oil. To achieve a crispy base, the dough should be about 1/2 cm thick.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 mins or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned. 20 mins will ensure a crisp base.
5. Remove pizza base from the oven, add the tomato paste, cheese and preferred toppings, and grill for 5-mins, until cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool and then cut into slices.
7. Serve immediately
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze the precooked base for up to 4 months.
Flash cards helping you learn yoga and language!
Metta Play Yoga cards are the perfect way to help your little one build their physical, cognitive and emotional development. To learn how to foster a loving kindness practice for oneself, for each other and for the Earth. Now more than ever, we want to connect families and ensure our children have the tools to…
De’Longhi Tasciugo AriaDry Pure
It’s really important to keep the temperature and humidity the same throughout your home to prevent moisture build-up which can lead to health complications from running, itchy noses through to asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis. If you have mould or excess moisture in your home a dehumidifier is a really great tool to help draw…
What is the difference between a dehumidifier, humidifier and air purifier?
When it comes to keeping our homes safe and healthy for our families it’s not always easy to know where to start. We know dust and mould are no good for children (or adults) and you might have heard people talk about air purifiers, humidifiers and dehumidifiers. But what are they exactly and which one…
7 tips for a healthy home
If you’ve got dampness or mould around your home then you will no doubt be familiar with the side-effects; allergies, sneezing, the itchy & watery eyes. There are so many health factors associated with living near dampness and mould. Our healthy home expert Jo from Notoxrox – a qualified Building Biologist, shares her top 7…