Pregnancy inevitably comes with a lot of things you have to do and a lot of expenses you have to outlay, like covering the medical costs and buying all the furniture and equipment you need to care for your baby.
This paired with the fact that you’ll likely be looking at one income for a period of time means factoring in things like babymoons can seem like an extravagance.
And sure, they’re non-essential in the grand scheme of things, but with your life about to change drastically (for the better of course), a babymoon can be the perfect time to relax, recharge and spend some QT with your loved one before baby makes three (or four, five, six..).
So if you’re on the fence about whether or not you should take one, we’ve rounded up 15 excellent reasons why you definitely should.
1. Rest and relaxation – soon enough you will be dealing with sleepless nights and running on adrenaline so getting as much R&R before it is vital.
2. It’s the perfect way to acknowledge and celebrate the momentous change that is about to happen in your life.
3. Encourages romance and intimacy with your partner – especially if this is something you haven’t been feeling like while pregnant. There’s nothing like a little change of scenery to spice up your relationship.
4. Ditch the stress and anxiety – whether work has been stressing you out or you’re anxious about becoming parents, there’s no time like a holiday to help switch off and stress less.
5. This might be your last chance for a holiday for a while – it definitely won’t be your last holiday, but chances are you won’t be going anywhere straight away with a newborn so why not get in one last trip.
6. Holidays will never be this easy again – and when you do go on holidays with kids they’re never quite as relaxing as they will be now…
7. Good for the mind – a change of scenery, a little R&R and having someone else look after you are all good for the mind, body & soul.
8. A chance to focus on you – if you’ve been working hard and getting everything ready for the baby, this is your chance to stop and focus on you.
9. Make beautiful memories with your belly – not to mention it’s the perfect opportunity to get plenty of happy snaps with your bump before it’s gone.
10. Less money spent on alcohol/activities = more time at the day spa.
11. Reflect and connect – a great time to look back on your life/relationship to this point and get excited about the next chapter.
12. Read books while you still can – read as many books as you can, while you can, because reading books for pleasure will soon be a distant memory.
13. Get pampered – pregnancy is tough, let someone else look after you.
14. Babymoons don’t have to be expensive – plan to what you can afford by thinking local for a weekend or even plan out a staycation, save money on accommodation by staying home but take time off work and be a tourist in your own city.
15. Because you can! There’s no doubt having kids changes things, your priorities, your finances, your time, but while you’re still not tied down there’s no better time to seize the day.