Watching our little ones learn and grow has to be one of the greatest joys as parents. Seeing their little faces light up and the spark of curiosity in their eyes as they discover something new for the very first time is a feeling you just can’t describe.
Introducing your little one to the world of LEGO® DUPLO® is a special moment for so many of us modern parents – many of us who also grew up loving the endless possibilities these colourful bricks can allow. Being able to share in those moments and connect with our little ones through play is one of the most incredible tools we have to nurture our little one’s imagination, cognitive development and emotional awareness.
Because as we know, play is at the core of their development in these early years.
The LEGO DUPLO Police Station & Helicopter set is the perfect introduction for little hands and little minds into the world of imaginative play. The set comes with 2 police officer characters, a police dog, a push & go police car complete with lights and siren (a definite crowd favourite) and a helicopter with spinning rotor blades. And of course, the classic DUPLO bricks to build out your very own police station.
The set provides opportunities for developing and strengthening their cognitive skills and imagination by following the instructions and inspiring creative play by coming up with their very own story using the picture-based story starter. As well as this, it’s also great for developing their fine motor skills by putting the bricks together and as they roleplay using the characters and move them around the set into different scenarios.
We know that children understand and make sense of the world around them through play, so this set paves the way for their imaginations, creativity and curiosity to take over and take flight.
Some of the features of the set that we love:
- Playful learning for toddlers: Toddler-friendly police set features characters and vehicles to help teach little ones about the role of the police and inspire budding imaginations.
- Interactive police vehicles: The Push&Go police car complete with lights and siren (batteries included) and a police helicopter with spinnable rotor blades provides added entertainment and on-the-go fun.
- Attention to detail: The set includes open-and-close doors, an observation tower, a coffee cup that doubles up as a megaphone and computer and surveillance camera decorated elements.
- Build skills with the police: As the children play out imaginative police stories using the 2 police officers and police dog, they develop their creativity, fine motor skills and strengthen their social and emotional awareness.
- The perfect sized playset: The set’s main building measures over 14.5 in. (37 cm) high, 18.5 in. (48 cm) wide and 16.5 in. (43 cm) deep which means it’s compact enough to take with you but big enough to keep little ones entertained and engaged!
- Story Starters: The picture story starter based on the playset provides a great way to introduce children to creative construction and imaginative play.
This set is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers, but like all LEGO DUPLO sets, older children (and even us adults) will love playing with it too. Building and playing with the LEGO DUPLO range is such a wonderful way to engage with your child and share precious moments of connection and development where you can put your little one in the driver’s seat for hours of open-ended fun, self-expression and joyful exploration.
Learning through play is at the core of the LEGO DUPLO brand. Backed by rigorous research into childhood development and the importance of play, the big DUPLO bricks are safe for toddlers from 18 months, and provide hours of stimulating and rewarding learning through play.
This is a paid partnership between Kiindred and LEGO® DUPLO®
LEGO, LEGO® DUPLO® and the Minifigure are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2022 The LEGO Group.